WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
NEEDS ASSESSMENT COORDINATORS X 3
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides guidance, group work, and access to WisdomPhilanthropy's services to clients.
• Informs client of available resources such as training, employment, housing, emergency food and clothing, medical, legal and recreation.
• Assists clients with such issues as budgeting and/or goal setting.
• Works in conjunction with multi-disciplinary team in identifying and presenting solutions to client's complex problems.
• Monitors clients' progress in educational, training and other programs.
• Assesses client needs and makes referrals.
• Completes home visits as required.
• Prepares and maintains accurate and complete case records; documents chronological record of case contacts.
• Prepares reports, correspondence and memoranda.
• Participates in special projects, case studies, work assignments, and committees.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Goals and objectives of WP's social services policy
• Available public and private community resources
• Awareness of cultural differences
• Socio-economic awareness of low income population
• Applicable laws, rules and regulations governing the field of public welfare
• Interviewing techniques
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other specialized applications related to area of assignment
• Basic arithmetic (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, percentages, ratios, and fractions)
• Social casework principles and practices including group work and community organization
• Social problems which call for the use of public and private community resources
• Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Communicate effectively with persons from a variety of social, cultural and economic backgrounds
• Work effectively with many life styles and different attitudes
• Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Exercise tact when dealing with others
• Interview effectively in a wide variety of circumstances
• Establish and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with clients, fellow employees, other agencies and the general public
• Interpret public social services programs to clients
• Maintain composure under stress
• Integrate information to form total picture
• Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Independently initiate and respond to correspondence
• Reason logically, understand and follow complex instructions and procedures
• Compile various records and information accurately
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
• Read, analyze, interpret and apply complex regulatory material
• Read correspondence and reports and understand their meaning
• Organize work schedule and budget time
• Accept and use consultative supervision
• Do a high volume of work amid interruptions
• Keep accurate and orderly records
• Compose routine business communications, reports and other written materials in a clear, concise, organized, and accurate manner
• Make arithmetical computations accurately and rapidly
• Demonstrate skill in the application of social work methods and practices
• Demonstrate skill in the use of community resources
Associate Degree in a field possessing great analytical skills
1 year experience working with a community based group
NOTE: Related fields above may include behavioral science, child development, community health education, cultural anthropology, ethnic studies, family studies, gerontology, human development, mental health, and public health.